Here are a few more things that are simple, yet wonderful and add joy to our lives when we take the time to notice them. If you haven’t read Part 1 yet, you can find it here.
A few of the items shared in the comments from that post, I had already composed into this list, and some were ones I hadn’t thought of – it is always good to have the reminder to appreciate the little things in life! Please feel free to comment below what some of your favourite simple pleasures in life are.
- Opening up a new bag of coffee beans and breathing in the scent. It’s almost better than the coffee itself!
- Watching the flakes float lazily down for the first soft, silent snowfall of winter.
- The cheery faces of daffodils in the spring.
- When you find a good parking spot.
- When you go to leave the parking lot later and the spot ahead of you is empty so you only need to drive on through instead of backing up.
- Hot bread fresh out of the oven, with butter melting into it.
- The scent of lilacs heralding the summer.
- The drone of bees on a hot summer’s day, busy at their work.
- Wood smoke drifting in the air on a crisp autumn morning.
- A really comfortable pair of shoes.